If you follow my posts, you know that I love Rome!
The glorious city of Rome is adorned with spectacular fountains. Some fountains support obelisks and others anchor famous piazzas. The fountains are built in different styles: Classical, Medieval, Baroque and Neoclassical. They run the gamut from simple to sublime. Many of the fountains have been conceived by Bernini.
The dramatic fountains of Rome host a cast of interesting allegorical figures that generally spew water from their mouths. Many Roman popes reconstructed ruined Roman aqueducts and built new fountains that generated a host of magnificent Baroque structures.
Here are some of the most Spectacular Fountains in Rome:
2.Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers
3. The Fountain in the Piazza of Santa Maria Trastevere
4. The Pantheon Fountain
5. The Trevi Fountain
8. The Fountain in front of Saint Peter’s Basilica
9. The Fountain of the Moor in Piazza Navona, illustrates how the basins of Rome’s spectacular fountains are shaped in the form of chalices and have decorative elements including dolphins, tritons, theatrical masks and shells.
10. The Pantheon Fountain at night
- Toss A Coin At The Trevi Fountain! (vino-con-vista.blogspot.com)
- Guide to Piazza Navona Christmas Market, Rome, Italy (vino-con-vista.blogspot.com)