This year’s GREEN TIE BALL will be held at Venue One on Randolph.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct0ber 10, 2015
WHERE: Venue One
Times: 7:00PM Entry Time for VIP Tickets, 8:00PM Entry Time for General Admission Tickets. Event continues until 12am with after parties at Underground and Bar Siena.
Tickets: $250 VIP Tickets, $175 General Admission, VIP Lounges $3,500 (includes 10 tickets for each lounge pod)
Special Presale Prices: $125 Aug 3-Aug 23, $150 Aug 24-Sept 13, $175 Sept 14-Oct 10 and at the Door. –Purchase tickets at: bit.ly/greentieball24
One year I stepped into my Ruby Slippers and joined Dorothy, the Tin Man and her little dog Toto in the Emerald City at the Finkl Foundon Southport. This year I’ll don my disco wear and step into Studio 54.
Proceeds beautify the City of Chicago’s public spaces including the expressway.
Summary: Green Tie Ball XXIV raises money for “CGG’s Expressway Partnership Program, which creates and maintains beautiful, sustainable landscapes along Chicago’s major expressways thereby reducing air and noise pollution and adorning the gateways into the City’s communities.”
The gala attracts Chicago’s prominent movers and shakers.
This year’s gala will include dozens of Chicago’s top restaurants, premium open bars, eclectic entertainment such as special guest performance by Matt LeGrand, DJ appearances, the Dr. Bombay band, experiential silent auction packages and charitable gaming from River’s Casino
-Underground (56 W Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60654)
-Bar Siena (832 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607)
The “Supreme Lobster Chef Challenge” featured the final round of the Chicago Summer Chef Challenge Series at the Green Tie Ball. Chicago’s Food Trucks offered plenty of goodies to the elegantly dressed guests at Finkl Foundry’s Emerald City on Southport.
The Emerald City’s bartenders were pouring super-premium Wizard of Oz cocktails.
The Green Tie Ball is also offered a silent auction, gaming and multiple stages of live entertainment.
Tickets are available @ www.gatewaygreen.org.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chicago’s Magnificent Buckingham Fountain (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- The Mobile Cuisine of Chicago Food Trucks offers a Moveable Feast (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s Action-Packed Rush Street Area is a Mecca for Foodies and Fashionistas (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Oyster Fest in Roscoe Village (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s 2011 Octoberfest at St. Alphonsus in Lakeview (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Taste of River North 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Meet the Girl Who Inspired ‘Alice in Wonderland’ (theatlantic.com)