The South Beach Wine and Food Festival had a kick-off event for the South Beach Foodie Marathon 2012 called “Q”. The BBQ extravaganza highlighted top chefs and their culinary prowess. Restaurants across the nation participated in this fabulous event. The event was held at the glitzy Ritz Carlton‘s “Delano” Beachside venue at 1685 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach.
The event was presented by Allen Brothers Steaks and hosted by Emeril Lagasse and Guy Fieri featuring plenty of Moet & Chandon Champagne and the best BBQ chefs from across the nation. The chefs prepared and served their signature barbecue specialties from the grills and smokers.
Guy Fieri co-owns five restaurants in California. He served a Panh Mi Taco with BBQ fried rice from his Tex Wasabi Restaurant.
Emeril Lagasse, A a regional James Beard Award winner, prepared Slow Roasted Spare Ribs with Abita Root Beer BBQ Sauce from Emeril’s Restaurant.
Michael White from Osteria Morini & Altamarea Group prepared grilled panchetta with Saba-glazed Figs and Toasted Pistachios.
John Rivers prepared BBQ Brisket and Pork Strret Tacos with Cilantro Creme Fraiche and Smoked Pico de Gallo served with Hickory Smoked Rioja infused manchego Croquettes topped with warm garlic and honey vinaigrette.
Yoshi Katsumura served BBQ Wagyu Short Ribs with Yuzu BBQ sauce and candied Yuzu knin on a Scallion pancake shochu with infused watermelon salad
Jimmy Bannos and his dad from the Purple Pig in Chicago showed off their magnificent porchetta.
The Regis put out an impressive spread. Richard Gras and Jordi Valles from the J & G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour whipped up a smoked Lamb Shoulder with Brussel Sprouts, Toasted Sesame and five spices. Then the chef took some time off to open a bottle of champagne-le sabrage (with a sword). Nice job Chef!!
Dewey LoSaso from the Forge served a sliced filet sandwich and boneless Short Ribs and Lobster Marmalade.
Mark Zeitouni from the Lido Restaurant prepared a delicious BBQ Smoked Local Kingfish Soft Taco.
Scott Conant and Michael Pirolo from Scarpetta Miami prepared Crispy Pork Shoulder with Apple Mostardo testa picked onion and micro celery.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides A www.vino-con-vista.com
- Raise Your Glass to the Celebrity Chefs at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival for Generating over $17 million for FIU (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 2nd Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Georgia (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Festival in Colorado (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 27th Annual Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival 2012 in South Carolina (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Top Seafood and Wine Festivals (wine-festivals.vinoconvistablog.com)
- Cancun Riviera Maya Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Mexico: “Taste the New World” (vinoconvistablog.me)