Michelin-rated and 2012 Bib Gourmand winner, GT Fish & Oyster opened in in Chicago in March of 2011. Food and Wine’s Best New Chef 2008, Giuseppe Tentori, has developed an innovative menu that changes seasonally including: Squid Ink Gnocchi with Maine lobster; Braised Baby Octopus with roasted Roma tomato sauce and chili-infused polenta; Chorizo Stuffed Squid, Shrimp & Saffron scented Risotto; Foie Gras and Prawn Terrine with Szechuan peppercorns, apricot-shallot chutney; and Brandade Croquettes with orange-fennel salad.
During Chicago Chef Week, I ordered the Tuna Poke with mango, cucumber and black sesame for your first course. For the second course, have the Walleye served over black garlic gnocchi, spinach with onion marmalade; it will be the best fish dish you have ever had!!! For dessert order the Sherry Trifle with rasperries. Chef Giuseppe Tentori scored a home run with this lunch menu.
The nautical-themed restaurant is located at 531 N. Wells Street in Chicago. For more information visit www.gtoyster.com or call 312-929-3501.
Enjoy cocktails devised by BRG’s resident mixologist Benjamin Schiller. Some of your option include: Apricot Blossom with Prosecco, apricot liqueur, and rose water; Hayman’s Old Tom with Pimm’s No. 1, cucumber and grapefruit oil; and the Highland Daisy with Altos Plata Tequila, blackberry syrup, lemon and mint.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chef’s Week Chicago 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago is Saveur Magazine’s 2012 “Culinary Star” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- James Beard Semi-Finalists Announced (chicagoist.com)
- Pick the Atwood Cafe for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Leopold’s for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Naha for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012: The Italian Village is Chicago’s Oldest Italian Restaurant (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Foodies Flock to Pelago Ristorante on Delaware Place in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)