Affluent Constantia is one of the oldest suburbs of Cape Town. This area is a major tourist stop because it is famous for its lovely wine estates and outstanding restaurants. Some of the notable restaurants are: Pastis (French), La Colombe (French), Constantia Uitsig and Mama Roma (Italian).
The magical Constantia Valley wine region is having The Constantia Food and Wine Festival on May 4-6, 2012. There will be over 40 of the finest regional wines and plenty of delicious food from local restaurants. There will be live entertainment:
Friday, May 4th and Sunday 6th: Me and Mr Brown
Saturday, May 5th: Perfect Score
Explore the gorgeous wine route in Constantia and visit centuries-old estates like Groot Constantia (Great Constantia) that was established in 1684 by the Dutch Colonial Governor of Cape Town, Simon van der Stel. Some of the other notable wineries include: Steenberg (Mountain of Stone), established in 1682, Buitenverwachting (Beyond Expectations), Klein Constantia (Small Constantia) and Constantia Uitsig (View of Constantia).
Many of the homesteads along the wine route have Baroque and Cape Dutch architectural styles. For more information visit: http://constantiafoodandwine.co.za/
Tickets cost 120pp per day and includes tastings at the various wine farms.
No charge for children
Purchase your tickets online at www.webtickets.co.za at participating wine farms or at the entrance.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- 2nd Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Georgia (vinoconvistablog.me)
- South Pacific Food and Wine Festival in Denarau Fiji from March 14-17, 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Festival in Colorado (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Durbanville Wine Valley Harvest Festival 2012 in South Africa (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 8th Annual “Savor Dallas” Wine and Food Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)