There will be three days of tastings in a fabulous castle at the 2014 8th annual Prague Food Festival! “In 2014, the PRAGUE FOOD FESTIVAL will be presenting the TOP Prague restaurants, local culinary stars from the region, and a unique ‘Badoit Fine Dining’ experience.”
WHEN: This three-day celebration of food with a longstanding tradition takes place on May 23 – 25 2014
WHERE: The Royal Gardens of the Prague Castle on the site of the original medieval vineyards. Find outstanding couisinefrom the best local chefs. Top restaurants and beverage producers will be there.
Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic. It’s location on the Vltava river makes it one of the most picturesque cities in central Europe. Prague has a plelthora of cultural attractions including: the Prague Castle, the Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, the Jewish Quarter, the Lennon Wall and Petřín Hill.
The historic Charles Bridge crosses the Vltava river and connects the Prague Castle to the city’s Old Town. It was started in 1357 under King Charles IV and finished in the 15th century. Until 1841, the bridge was the only means of crossing the river Vltava (Moldau). The Charles Bridge was the most important connection between Prague Castle and the city’s Old Town.
Prague is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Here are some of the events from the Festival’s Website:
1. There will be workshops on Friday, Saturday and Sunday where you can purchase gourmet products from Czech and international brands such as: Fair Trade, Spar Premium, Country Life, Biopekárna Zemanka, La Bottega di Aromi/Finestra, Sýrárna “Salaš Rýžovna“, Mammá – specialties from Southern Italy, Extenda – specialities from Andalusia.
2. Wine Degustation Daily in the Ball Game Pavilion, Western Hall Eleven-time sommelier champion in the Czech Republic and World Champion Habanosommelier 2004-Cuba, Ivo Dvořák (www.winemanshow.cz) will lead daily wine tastings. International wines will be offered by Bacchus Vins & Champagne and Czech wines will be supplied by Bohemia Sekt.
3. Pairing Beer with Food Daily in the Ball Game Pavilion, Eastern Hall where you can taste the whole portfolio of Pilsner Urquell and other beers. Pilsner Urquell was the first pilsner beer in the world. Today it is owned by SABMiller, a global company. Commercial brewer, Václav Berka, will explain how to pair beers with specific food flavors.
4. Beer Tapping School Daily.
5. La Casa de la Havana vieja is a Cuban bar with interesting cocktails, rum tastings and daily happy hours! There will be live music every day.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com