Here’s a list of Chicago’s Five-Diamond restaurants and hotels. They were all repeat winners:
1. Alinea received the Five-Diamond distinction for the sixth straight year
2. Charlie Trotter’s won for the 18th straight year.
3. Arun’s 10 year repeat winner
4. Everest 16 year repeat winner
5. Tru 12 year repeat winner
Here are some of the Four-Diamond awards winners:
4. Le Titi de Paris
6. Les Nomades
9. NoMI (now NoMI Kitchen)
11. Shanghai Terrace
16. Carlos’ (now Nieto’s)
Five-Diamond Hotel properties are:
1. Elysian (two years)
2. Four Seasons Chicago (22 years)
3. Peninsula Chicago (10 years)
4. Trump International Hotel & Tower (two years).
The Chicago area had 66 Four-Diamond hotels. First-time recipients were InterContinental Chicago O’Hare, JW Marriott Chicago, Palmer House, Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel and Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites.
The new Five Diamond 2014 restaurants are:
The Restaurant at Meadowood, St. Helena, Calif.
Grace Restaurant, Chicago
Per Se, New York
Restaurant La Tanière, Québec, Canada
Restaurant Le Patriarche, Québec, Canada
Cocina de Autor, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chicago Loop is the Perfect Setting for Superman’s “Men of Steel” Movie (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)