F00d and wine devotees will converge upon Lake Placid; a lovely village in the Adirondack Mountains in Essex County, New York. This will be the 7th-annual Adirondack Festival of Food and Wine. This year’s theme will be “The Culinary Melting Pot of Taste.”
There is a Festival of Food and Wine package for the 7th-annual Lake Placid event. Participants will enjoy wine tastings, seminars, interactive food demonstrations and tastings, a grand tasting reception, a seven-course dinner and admission to a cooking competition. Guest chefs will prepare international delicacies using flavorful locally-grown Adirondack meats and cheeses in the Inn’s Adirondack-themed private dining room.
Here are some of the Festival highlights:
- An opening reception featuring guest mixologists
- Guest Chef cooking demonstrations
- The “Ready-Set-Cook! Competition” which pits the Inn’s culinary team against the talented guest chefs.
- A seven-course dinner paired with wines prepared by guest chefs, the Inn’s culinary team and a guest sommelier.
- A farewell brunch and tasting featuring live jazz music.
Chefs will offer expertise from world-class institutions such as the New England Culinary Institute, Culinary Institute of America and the Research Chefs Association. A master sommelier, brew master, gardener, baker and chef will all be presenting at this year’s event.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Food and Wine Festival Palm Desert 2012 for James Beard Endowed Scholarships (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Masters of Food and Wine: Global Culinary Weekends (vinoconvistablog.me)
- United Way Miami Wine and Food Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Vegas Uncorke’d 2012: A Fabulous Food and Wine Festival in Las Vegas Nevada (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- New York Culinary Experience 2012: “Fantasy Camp for Foodies” (vinoconvistablog.me)