Attend Evening Concerts at the 52nd Annual University of Chicago’s Folk Fest 2012
WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, February 11th & 12th, 2012
WHERE: Mandel Hall 1131 E. 57th St. Chicago
The main campus of the University of Chicago is in Hyde Park. The northern and southern portions of campus are separated by the Midway Plaisance. This large park was created for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition.
The University of Chicago was created in 1890 by the American Baptist Education Society with a substantial donation from oil magnate and philanthropist John D. Rockefeller. The land was donated by Marshall Field.
Here’s the performance schedule:
Saturday, February 11 – 7:30 PM
- The Wildwood Valley Boys
- The Kentucky Clodhoppers
- Bonsoir, Catin
- The Quebe Sisters Band
Sunday, February 12 – 6:00 PM
1. Doors open 30 minutes before the start of each concert. Clik here for more information on featured artists: www.uofcfolk.org
2. Over the weekend, they will have a series of free daytime workshops in Ida Noyes Hall.
3. Ticket pricing and information can be found on the Tickets page of their website.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chicago’s Historic Reliance Building: Evokes the Tale of Legendary Architects Burnham and Atwood in the White City (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 4th Annual Chicago Bluegrass and Blues Fest 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)