This year’s GREEN TIE BALL XXI theme is Alice in Wonderland. Be prepared smile like a Cheshire Cat when you join Alice and the characters of Wonderland. The White Rabbit will probably be present at the Mad Tea Party.Gaze through the looking glass at the Finkl Foundry!
WHEN: Saturday, September 15th, 2012 6:30 pm-1:00 am
WHERE: The Finkl Foundry at 2011 N. Southport in Chicago
There’s no place like home when my beautiful Vino con Vista Chicago hosts the 21st annual Green Tie Ball at the Finkl Foundry on Southport!
Proceeds beautify the City of Chicago’s public spaces including the expressway.
I entered the Land of Oz and danced to the live music in my Ruby Slippers.
I enjoyed the cuisine in the Land of Oz prepared by more than 50 of
Chicago’s top Chefs.
The “Supreme Lobster Chef Challenge” featured the final round of the Chicago Summer Chef Challenge Series at the Green Tie Ball. Chicago’s Food Trucks offered plenty of goodies to the elegantly dressed guests at Finkl Foundry’s Emerald City on Southport.
The Emerald City’s bartenders were pouring super-premium Wizard of Oz cocktails.
The Green Tie Ball is also offered a silent auction, gaming and multiple stages of live entertainment.
Tickets are available @ www.gatewaygreen.org.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chicago’s Magnificent Buckingham Fountain (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- The Mobile Cuisine of Chicago Food Trucks offers a Moveable Feast (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s Action-Packed Rush Street Area is a Mecca for Foodies and Fashionistas (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Oyster Fest in Roscoe Village (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s 2011 Octoberfest at St. Alphonsus in Lakeview (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Taste of River North 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Meet the Girl Who Inspired ‘Alice in Wonderland’ (theatlantic.com)