In 2008, Naha’s Chef Carrie Hahabedian earned a James Beard Foundation Award: “American Express Best Chef: Great Lakes Award.” This award is like “The Oscars of Food” and “honors the finest chefs, restaurants, wine professionals, journalists, cookbook authors, restaurant designers, and other food professionals in the United States.” Recipients receive a bronze medallion etched with the image of the late James Beard and a certificate from the Foundation. Naha also won a 2012 Michelin Guide Star for outstanding quality!
Chef Carrie Nahabedian and cousin Michael Nahabedian offer a Mediterranean-inspired menu and encourage you to become a “LOCAVORE!”
They support “purveyors and farmers across the Midwest and America in supporting the community with their dedication to a more sustainable environment”.
Naha is located at 5oo N. Clark Street and is an outstanding Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 option.
For more information visit www.naha-chicago.com.
Call 312-321-6242 for reservations.
Start with a glass of Qupe Syrah while you are contemplating the Restaurant Week Menu.
My incredible Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 dinner at Naha included:
*a Salad of Wood-Grilled Chicken with Italian Farro and Sylvetta Arugugula. It was farnished with Candied “Budda Hand” Lemon and Cracked Walnuts
*The main course was an incredible Lacquered Hudson Valley Moulard Duck Breast and Foie Gras with a “Tarte Tatin” of Bartlett Pear and Fennel, Licorice and Port
*I loved the “Croustade” of Bananas, Cashews and Caramel that I had for dessert.
I also ordered some Naha Restaurant Week Punch. It looked so appealing in that martini glass.
Buon Appetito from Dr. EveAnn Lovero. I write Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Make reservations at Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Chicago for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Leopold’s for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Top Picks for Restaurant Week 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Vino Con Vista Chicago from NoMi on Michigan Aveunue for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 Kicks Off with First Bites Bash (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Kudos to 2012 World-Class Chicago AAA Five-Diamond Award Winners (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago is Saveur Magazine’s 2012 “Culinary Star” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Go back to School: Enroll in Eno-Versity at Eno’s Wine Room in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)