Need to update your wardrobe? Want to score some deals at a designer trunk show in Chicago this weekend? Head over to the The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival. There will be 8 blocks of pure shopping paradise with over 460 stores, 275 restaurants and 60 hotels participating in the event!
Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois, USA (Wrigley Building, left; Tribune Tower, right (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Enjoy exclusive offers, shopping perks, designer meet-and-greets, celebrity appearances and special culinary events with live music entertainment and runway shows. There will even be a Radio Disney concert.
WHEN: August 24 – September 6, 2012
WHERE: The Magnificent Mile in Chicago on Michigan Avenue
Here’s the Schedule of Events:
1. Attend a outdoor fashion show along North Michigan Avenue featuring the fall’s hottest trends.Friday, August 24 at 12 pm Pioneer Court (401 N. Michigan Avenue) Get a front row view as The Magnificent Mile’s luxe retail centers, 900 North Michigan Shops, The Shops at North Bridge and Water Tower Place, along with Chicago Magazine,
foot of Magnificent Mile (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
2. Visit the Water Tower Place luxury lounge
Water Tower Place Michigan Ave Chicago, IL (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Friday, August 24 – Thursday, September 6 Water Tower Place (835 N. Michigan Avenue) Browse daily sales and stay on-trend with style advice from the pros as . Get special offers from select retailers such as American Girl Place and Macy’s, and also enter for a chance to win a $500 gift card. Highlights from the full lineup of events include:
- Dress for Success® Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival Kick-Off Celebration with special appearance by The Working Wardrobe’s Kate Jacobsen
- Stump the Stylist Fashion Challenge with Haute Closet’s April Francis
- What’s Hot and What’s Not: Learn to Predict Trends, So You Can Shop Smarter – Not Harder with International Academy of Design & Technology’s Susan Wade
- Water Tower Place (Photo credit: Bernt Rostad)
3. Attend a free Labor Day outdoor concert
Monday, September 3 at 12 pm John Hancock Center Plaza (875 N. Michigan Avenue) Gather your young groupies for a . Radio Disney presents R5 featuring Ross Lynch, the fastest-rising young band on the pop-rock scene, live for the first time in Chicago.
Thursday, September 6 from 6-8 pm Stores throughout The Magnificent Mile district Hit the town for a fabulous evening filled with chic soirees. Stores throughout the district host fabulous in-store events in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out, the grand finale of the Shopping Festival.
Hot boutiques, glamorous restaurants, posh hotels and favorite local attractions are gifting Shopping Festival guests with the finest VIP treatment. Get your retail therapy on with special offers available exclusively to you. Just a few of the deals include:
Westfield North Bridge (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- A shopping package at the new boutique ACME Hotel Company Chicago that pairs an overnight stay with a $50 gift card to The Shops at North Bridge and discount coupon booklet
- A shopping package at the Kimpton classic Hotel Monaco that pairs an overnight stay with a welcome amenity, $50 gift card for shopping and cocktails in South Water Kitchen
- 15% off any products and free hand massages and facials at H2O+
- 20% off any full price purchase of $200 or more at Juicy Couture
- 20% off regular priced tickets to The Second City, UP Comedy Club and Second City e.t.c. for performances between August 26-30
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides and Apps @ www.vino-con-vista.com