Travel to Brussels, Antwerp, Bruge or Ghent at Belgium-inspired Leopold for Chicago Restaurant Week. Executive Chef Jeffrey Hedin offers Belgian- inspired food on Chicago Avenue in West Town. This charming restaurant has a Belgium inspired menu with an wide variety of Belgian beers and an extensive wine list. Leopold is located @ 1450 W. Chicago Avenue
Call 312- 348-1028 for reservations
Here’s the Restaurant Week 2012 Menu:
First Course: Mixed Green or Beet Salad
Second Course: Moules and Frites or Braised Short Rib
Dessert: Belgian Waffle or Orand and Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta
I love the Braised Short Rib with winter stoemp, arugula and pickled onion with the Domaine dupage demi glaze. It pairs nicely with the 2010 Chateau D’Agel; a nice blend of Syrah, Grenache and Mouvedre.
Order a side of Roasted Brussel Sprouts with turnips, chestnuts, bacon and maple syrup served in a small cast iron pot.
During Chef Week 2012, I’ll try the Moules in white wine and garlic with a side of delicious Frites.
Leopold brings back fond memories of the mussels that I had in Brussels at an outdoor cafe in the elegant Grand Place. This delightful European-influenced restaurant in West Town transports you to Belgium.
Every Sunday, Leopold’s offers “Mussels from Brussels”; a three course menu with beer or wine pairings for $30.
My compliments to Chef Jeffrey Hedin!!!!
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- A City called Brugge (mypursuitofperfection.wordpress.com)
- FAST FOOD – A Guide to Moules (gastrotourismo.wordpress.com)
- 10 Fun Facts About Belgium (journeyaroundtheglobe.com)
- Brussels is too cold for the Manneken-Pis to pee (newslite.tv)
- Traveling in Europe: Antwerp Part I (colleenanderson.wordpress.com)
- Top Picks for Restaurant Week 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chef’s Week Chicago 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 Kicks Off with First Bites Bash (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Vino Con Vista Chicago from NoMi on Michigan Aveunue for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Make reservations at Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Chicago for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)