Michelin-rated and 2012 Bib Gourmand winner, GT Fish & Oyster opened in in Chicago in March of 2011. Food and Wine’s Best New Chef 2008, Giuseppe Tentori, has developed an innovative menu that changes seasonally including: Squid Ink Gnocchi with Maine lobster; Braised Baby Octopus with roasted Roma tomato sauce and chili-infused polenta; Chorizo Stuffed Squid, Shrimp & Saffron scented Risotto; Foie Gras and Prawn Terrine with Szechuan peppercorns, apricot-shallot chutney; and Brandade Croquettes with orange-fennel salad.
During Chicago Chef Week 2012, they are offering a special $22 lunch menu. Order the Tuna Poke with mango, cucumber and black sesame for your first course. For the second course, have the Walleye served over black garlic gnocchi, spinach with onion marmalade; it will be the best fish dish you have ever had!!! For dessert order the Sherry Trifle with rasperries. Chef Giuseppe Tentori scored a home run with this lunch menu.
The nautical-themed restaurant is located at 531 N. Wells Street in Chicago. For more information visit www.gtoyster.com or call 312-929-3501.
Enjoy cocktails devised by BRG’s resident mixologist Benjamin Schiller. Some of your option include: Apricot Blossom with Prosecco, apricot liqueur, and rose water; Hayman’s Old Tom with Pimm’s No. 1, cucumber and grapefruit oil; and the Highland Daisy with Altos Plata Tequila, blackberry syrup, lemon and mint.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chef’s Week Chicago 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago is Saveur Magazine’s 2012 “Culinary Star” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- James Beard Semi-Finalists Announced (chicagoist.com)
- Pick the Atwood Cafe for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Leopold’s for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Naha for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012: The Italian Village is Chicago’s Oldest Italian Restaurant (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Foodies Flock to Pelago Ristorante on Delaware Place in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)