There are two ways to get to Terzo Piano: take the elevator up or ascend the sky bridge from Millenium Park. Terzo Piano is located at 159 E. Monroe on the 3rd floor of the Modern Wing of the Art Institute of Chicago.
First Course: Chickpea and vegetable soup with tahini, cumin, fried chickpeas and cilantro salad or
Crispy pearch with red beet puree, marinated beets, frisee in dill vinaigrette
Second Course: Cured and braised beef with mashed red potato, carrot, and house made sauerkraut or
Hand crafted tagliatelle ‘alla Puttanesca” with olive, capers, tomatoe, and goat’s mild cheese or
Chilled shrimp salad with mixed green, capers, marinated peppers, red onion and lemon
Dessert: Banana Tiramisu with brown butter gastrique or
Camambert Fermier, pasterized cow’s mild with dried strawberry compote
There are incredible masterpieces at the museum: you can see Pablo Picasso’s “the Old Guitarist” in Gallery 391 on the third level; El Greco’s “The Assumption of the Virgin” in Gallery 211 on the second level and Vincent van Gogh’s “The Bedrooom” in Gallery 241.
Everyone loves Grant Wood’s “American Gothic” couple in Gallery 263 on the second level.
Take some time to check out Salvador Dali’s “Venus de Milo with Drawers” in Gallery 396 on the third level.
Don’t leave the museum without seeing Marc Chagall’s America Windows in Gallery 144 on the first level of the Modern Wing. They will take your breath away!
Meander into the Museum Store in the Modern Wing of the Chicago Art Institue and pick up some cool posters, colorful art glass or chic scarves to remind you or your visit.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Top Picks for Restaurant Week 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Naha for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Try “III Forks” in Lakeshore East for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Leopold’s for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Vino Con Vista Chicago from NoMi on Michigan Aveunue for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012: The Italian Village is Chicago’s Oldest Italian Restaurant (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Restaurant Week Starts Early at Trattoria Roma and many Chicagoland Restaurants (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Make reservations at Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Chicago for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago is Saveur Magazine’s 2012 “Culinary Star” (vinoconvistablog.me)