III Forks Chicago opened in the Fall of 2012 near the Village Market at Lakeshore East (Upper Randolph and Field, one block east of Columbus). This Prime Steakhouse is located at 333 East Benton Place. Call (312) 938-4303 for reservations. For more information visit: www.iiiforks.com
Here’s the incredible $44 Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 Menu:
First Course: Loaded Baked Potatoe soup with house-smoked applewood bacon, scallions and Prairie Breeze aged cheddar or
Caesar Salad with char-roasted red peppers and shaved Sartori Espresso Bellavitano parmesan cheese
Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon with beurre meuniere sauce and wild rice or
Prime Double Cut Pork Chop with Serrano peach barbeque and aged balsamic glaze and whipped potatoes
Dessert: Makers Mark Bourbon Bread Pudding with cinnamon ice cream and Texas pecan caramel sauce
For Restaurant Week, ask about the special Tequila Program in celebration of National Margarita Day. From February 17th-23rd, they are “featuring 3 special ways to drink 3 special tequilas.” Try some Avion Reposado Tequila.
The swanky Chicago outpost of the Dallas-based contemporary steakhouse group has expansive floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Lake Shore East Park. In April, you can have a fabulous Vino con Vista from the luxurious open-air rooftop on the second floor. For the perfect rooftop Vino con Vista, order a bottle of 2010 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara County as you gaze at the twinkling lights in LakeShore East.
III Forks has an elegant glass-enclosed wine room with 300-400 bottles. You can peruse the wine list on their iPad. I loved doing that!
There is a cozy two-sided fireplace and plenty of space available for Private Parties. I loved the mosaic columns that decorated the dining room.
The regular menu consists primarily of USDA prime beef, with an in-house butcher cutting the filets and strip steaks to order. There’s an interesting selection of seafood, such as sea bass, salmon and coldwater lobster.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com. Read my “Related Articles” for more Restaurant Week options.
- Filini Bar and Restaurant in “Aqua” is the New Kid on the Block for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012: The Italian Village is Chicago’s Oldest Italian Restaurant (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Leopold’s for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pick Aria for Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Cocktail Event at III Forks Restaurant in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Vino Con Vista Chicago from NoMi on Michigan Aveunue for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Make reservations at Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Chicago for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chicago is Saveur Magazine’s 2012 “Culinary Star” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Chef’s Week Chicago 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Wirtz Beverage, Rodney Strong & Carmine’s Wine Tasting Dinner in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Swirl of the Week: 2010 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir (pbpulse.com)
- Miracles Happen: Three Worthy Pinot Noirs for $25 or Less (goodwineunder20.blogspot.com)