Don’t miss the Fifth Annual Chicago Restaurant Week. More than 200 restaurants come together to offer 10 days of pure epicurean excellence. Chicago Restaurant Week is a celebration of Chicago’s finest culinary talents.
The 10-day experience begins February 17 and runs through February 26 with more than 200 participating restaurants featuring prix fixe lunches for $22 and dinners for $33 and $44, excluding beverages, tax and gratuity.
You can revisit your favorite eateries or scope out some new hot spots. This gastronomic event is your once-a-year opportunity to sample fare created by some of the city’s top chefs. It’s a true celebration of Chicago’s world-class culinary scene.
The Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau will kick off the event. Ticket sales are open for the “First Bites Bash.” Stephanie Izard, chef and co-owner of Girl & the Goat, Food & Wine Best New Chef 2011 and winner of Bravo’s Top Chef Season 4 will host the highly-anticipated event, from which 100 percent of net proceeds generated by ticket sales will benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
The First Bites Bash will offer sweet and savory tastings from more than 50 of Chicago’s most celebrated restaurants. The chefs will be featured in the magnificent Great Hall at Union Station on Thursday, February 2 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Tickets are available for purchase at www.firstbitesbash.com for $125 per person.
First Bites Bash, presented by United Airlines will showcase several of Izard’s peers who represent the “Who’s Who” of Chicago’s culinary elite. Critically acclaimed chefs with James Beard nominations, Michelin Guide stars, Top Chef titles and more will join the celebration, including David Burke with David Burke’s Primehouse; Tony Mantuano with Spiaggia and Bar Toma; Tony Priolo with Piccolo Sogno, and more expected to join in the days ahead making this event one of Chicago’s must-attend culinary events.
“Chicago has a great chef community which truly supports each other and the city itself,” said Izard. “It’s great to all come together for the First Bites Bash to help out the Greater Chicago Food Depository and all they do for those in the area and support an organization that has such a powerful impact on the city.”
Plan your restaurant week adventures now because many restaurants will fill up quickly. I recommend that you make your reservations asap.
Here’s a link to Open Table’s participating restaurants:
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- 2012 Winter Restaurant Week (friendseat.com)
- Restaurant Week Grand Rapids, a Michigan Culinary Event, Exceeds Expectations in Its Inaugural Year with 57 Participating Restaurants and over $1 million in sales (prweb.com)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2012 Kicks Off with First Bites Bash (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Charleston Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- New York Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- San Diego Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Make reservations at Michelin-Starred Restaurants in Chicago for Restaurant Week 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Top Picks for Restaurant Week 2012 in Chicago (vinoconvistablog.me)