The City of Chicago celebrates the Art of Fashion with a 7th annual event that highlights our thriving local fashion industry. Chicago’s ultra-chic fashion designers will be offering runway shows during Chicago Artists Month. The fashion events will be held in Millennium Park and at various locations around the city. For more information about “Fashion Focus Chicago” and events related to the fashion industry visit http://www.chicagofashionresource.com.
Chicago will host 31 days of art events during the 16th annual Chicago Artists Month. There will be more than 200 events including: art exhibits, studio tours and gallery walks.
The week-long fashion celebration starts on Monday, October 17 and continues through Sunday, October 23. These events offer a preview of the Spring 2012 collections from Chicago’s hottest designers. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased in advance at the following websites:
1. Designers of the Chicago Fashion Incubator (CFI) presented by Macy’s: Tuesday, October 18, 7:30pm
This event is a fundraiser for CFI and supports new and emerging Chicago designers. Regular admission is $35; VIP admission is $80 which includes an exclusive pre-party at 6:00 p.m. and VIP seating for the show. Buy Tickets @ http://chicagofashionincubator.tix.com.
2. Inspiredesign presented by Mario Tricoci: Wednesday, October 19, 7:30pm
Five Chicago fashion lines will be showcased: Imaginary People, J.Cheikh, Michelle Tan, Narcisse Designs and Reddoll. This is also the conclusion of the 4th annual ”Make Me a Model” contest. General admission $35. Buy Tickets @ www.mariomakemeamodel.com.
3. Conscious Living TV 3rd Annual Vert Couture Eco-Fashion Show: Thursday, October 20, 7:30pm
This charity event will highlight Chicago’s sustainable, fair trade fashion movement. General admission $35; VIP tickets are $95 with access to a “Sexy and Sustainable” cocktail reception beginning at 6:00 p.m. with gift bags and reserved seating. Buy tickets @ www.VertCouture.com.
4. The Art of Fashion 2011 by StyleChicago.com: Friday, October 21, 7:30pm
This event previews the Spring 2012 collections of: Nade Baer, Nora del Busto, Lara Miller, Borris Powell, Eva Pazola, RÜCH, Squasht by Les, Shernett Swaby, Sylwia Wilczynska and Zamrie. General admission $35; VIP tickets are $95 and includes a cocktail reception beginning at 6:00 p.m. and a StyleChicago.com gift bag. Buy Tickets @ www.StyleChicago.com.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Creative Chicago Coyote Art Festival 2011 in Bucktown (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s Green Tie Ball Charity Event Keeps the City Spruced-Up (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Design Harvest 2011 (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Italian Expo 2011 at the Bridgeport Art Center (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)
- Chicago’s North Park Art Walk 2011: Chicago Artists Month (vinoconvistablog.wordpress.com)